clbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 320d M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
See, the 3er is a steal! But let's not forget that your math (51 years since 1972) is also suspect and you also compared ED to MSRP pricing.

Actually, my interest in the 2er is the same as why I bought a 1er in 2008 over a 3er. The 3er is too big for what I personally prefer. The 1er sold quite well, even in it's last year selling at 6k+ units, it's still outselling the Z4 and X6 and roughly on par with the 6er and 7er.

If price alone were the only factor behind making the 2er appealing, the 320i and the X1 sDrive 28i (rolls right off the tongue) should be even more appealing.
I agree. These cars are getting too big. My e90 is at the upper limit in terms of the size I want. When I have an f loaner, I feel like I'm floating along in a boat. The 2 is a re-imagined e46. I like it. And once a 4 door model hits US shores (but not in hatchback form) I expect this series will sell like gangbusters. That is until 6-7 years from now when everything moves upmarket again and bmw introduces the -1 series to compensate. Or maybe they'll just bring back the isetta?
Haha I think they should do a minus series, that would be funny a -M1 the size of a Mini with 300+ BHP
Appreciate 0