12-12-2015, 09:41 AM   #1
BMW335iOn18s
Resident BMW Fanboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 CS SMB

How do you guys do it?

Hey fellow 2er enthusiasts,

How do you guys deal with the tire/wheel/suspension combination of the m235i/ or sport/m-sport 228i? I'm thinking about getting rid of my car because I feel like the roads here are way too crappy for this car. I feel like I'm destroying the bushings and suspension everyday because of all the crappy patches on the roads here. Next year I'll be driving 40 miles round trip a day into the bad parts of Philadelphia with roads and construction areas that are even worse than the suburbs by far. I'm thinking about trading my car in for a rear wheel drive 328i without sport line and or any packages that would ruin the ride quality (like my mothers 528i, which is a tank and can go anywhere). Seriously, I'm at the point where I'm afraid to drive my M235i anywhere because I don't want to pop a tire/bend a wheel/break suspension components. I think the car is way too sensitive and stuff to be able to take on the highways at high speed in the part of the country (because everyone drives like a maniac and there's no room to avoid potholes). Does anyone have a similar experience? Should I get rid of my car?

Thanks
Dave