View Single Post
      07-17-2016, 09:00 AM   #22
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldcad View Post
Yeas, my Old good E46 330i SMG used to behave the same. Interestingly, I never noticed it in my 8AT 528xi F10 I had for 2 years only to swap for the M235i. But frankly, it's a silly way to accelerate engine warp-up; as cold engine should never be revved but operated at the lowest rpm possible; when loaded (slightly) immediate take-off after the cold start it will warp-up the fastest. This is why I never wait for the first automatic upshift when driving slowly rigt after cold start, but enforce the second gear manually. This is the best practice possible, imho.

No offense - but this is BS. See my previous comment in this post.

Piotr
Not sure why you think it is bs, science, not religion or politics.

Basically a engine wants to get to operating temp as fast as possible to be as efficient as possible, until then not so efficient. Exhaust scrubbing is accomplished via the catlictic converter do not happen until 400-500 degrees, peak scrubbing is around 1200 degrees.

Here is a link to an article that may help you.

Internal combustion engine cold-start efficiency: A review of the problem, causes and potential solutions
Andrew Roberts ,Richard BrooksPhilip Shipway
Division of Materials, Mechanics and Structures, University of Nottingham, University Park, United Kingdom
Received 29 October 2013. Accepted 1 March 2014. Available online 3 April 2014.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...96890414001939

Last edited by Pparana; 07-17-2016 at 09:17 AM..
Appreciate 0