07-11-2016, 12:39 AM   #1
moldcad
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: M235i

1.5 years old, 20k km M235i: my first glitch

Before I turn to my BMW Stealer, I'd like to seek your advise guys on this:

- when I fire up my M235i after a day (or couple of days) in the garage and immediately engage Reverse to rear back from it, I can feel something that never happened before: the rpm (quite high - as usual with totally cold engine) go crazy fluctuating, and the car's movement is jerky and uneven. But once I put it to Drive and pull away, everything is normal again - so it only happens on the very short distance of some 15 meters, but still feels not normal... I'm not even sure whether it's the uneven rpm of the cold engine, or something is going south with my 8AT torque converter (also when the entire tranny is cold right after firing the car up after a longer time in the garage)...

I didn't check if the same would happen in the movement forward, as I hate to leave my car outside the garage so that my first several meters in the morning would be in D and not R - but I'm positive that it's only durign this very first backwards movement: when I stop the car after just several meters of driving it forward and engage R again - even though the engine and tranny are still pretty cold - all is normal.

Have anyone had a similar experience? What the reason could be for this behavior? Opinions welcome! TIA

Piotr
my RWD pirate & long-distance cruiser: 2015 M235i AT8, LSD
Appreciate 0