View Single Post
      08-16-2016, 12:55 PM   #84
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfbrah View Post
My concerns are not at all having to do with performance. The 235i I drove has incredible power and if I ever get bored of it I'm fucked anyways because I'm already driving way too fast at that point.

My concerns are prettymuch 100% regarding the interior and comfort. The C450 AMG I drove didn't quite have the same steering feel in sport mode as the M235 I drove, but the cabin was a lot more comfortable, had more features (including the HUD which is really convenient to me), and just was a better ride.

I'm sorry but no matter what anyone says the M235i's interior does NOT feel like a 50k car. The leather is nice but it doesn't match the comfort of a Merc on the interior. The M240 would also give me less space to bring luggage / people and I'd wonder if 3 years down the road I'd be wishing I had chosen the C43 AMG / C450 AMG. I'll get 90%+ of the sportiness, but a whole lot more luxury, space and practicality.

The fact that I'm on the fence about which car to get shows just how good the M235 drives, though.
Regarding space, also note you are comparing across segments. The comparable car at MB is the CLA, albeit also a 4 door. If you are looking at a C Class, the 3 Series is the same-segment BMW. I left MB to come this way after realizing (again) that the MB just doesn't have the athletic feel I was looking for.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0