View Single Post
      11-02-2017, 03:22 PM   #1
MessageMan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M 235i

Smile My First BMW -- 2016 MW M235i

This is my first true post on this thread, so excuse me if it does not format correctly please! Anyway, I finally fulfilled my dream of owning my first BMW. There is a bit of background to the story but I am 19 and started driving at 16 with a Scion xB my parents bought me. At the time I liked driving but was not exactly an enthusiast. Then, my dad started letting me borrow his leased E82 128i and that is when I fell in love with the brand. I looked forward to every minute I got to spend driving that car. Then my mom went ahead and leased an F12 650i with M Sport package and my love for BMW only intensified.

I always look forward to the day I would be able to afford my own. Then came a particularly turbulent time in my life that shifted my perspective entirely. I decided instead of waiting around for years for something to happen, I was going to set this goal here and now and achieve it to make up for the traumatic past year. I made 1300 in four days and from there it was history. A real estate tech start up kept promoting me up the ranks and I took up a second job to help get the down payment faster. After two and a half months I had saved a sizable portion for the car and on Saturday, with the help of my dad, pulled the trigger on a CPO 2016 M235i with 12,090 miles on the odomoter originally. I had researched what car I was to buy vigorously. Ranging from the 228i on up to the 428i Gran Coupe, I decided to settle on the 228i. I realized a week or two before purchasing that I could afford an M235i with my budget if I purchased one with slightly more miles on it.

I got in touch with Neil Perlmutter at Century West BMW about a perfect car they had, the one that I purchased. Mineral white, equipped with an M Perf. CF front splitter and M Perf. black grilles installed already. The car is in pristine condition, I can tell the owner took very good care of it (it looks brand new, I have only located one scratch on the entire car and it is located on the center console directly below the iDrive knob). So far so good, I have put about 250 miles on the car in a few days, mostly from the long drive from the dealer and then a full day of driving to get a feel for the car. I am in LOVE. The car is everything I could ask for. Thank you so much to all the people on here that I PM'd that helped me through the process of research.

I will be powder coating the rims from carbon to gloss black, coating the 235i portion of the rear badge black, installing M Perf. side panel decals, tinting the windows, and wrapping the trunk spoiler and mirrors black very soon.

Sorry for the long post
Appreciate 0