View Single Post
      03-17-2018, 01:26 PM   #12
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJaw View Post
Same here I'm idk if I want wrap yet or not. I don't know anything about how to keep vinyl wraps clean or maintained. Then obviously I have to worry about how long they will last etc. I wish I could just paint the mirror caps with the factory mineral white color but silly me how was I to know mineral white would be impossible to get done perfectly by autobodies 🙃.
I have MW painted mirror caps from IND. Funny thing is the wrap matches the MW color better than the MW paint IND uses. If I would have known the wrap was available when I did the caps, I could have just wrapped the stock caps.

The wrap is pretty robust, especially if you're using it on mirrors where there is less risk from rocks and heavy debris. You should get years of life out of it. You can buy a 1' X 5' piece of wrap for like $20. That would give you plenty of material to play with it.

I plan on making my own MPerformance side sill vinyl this summer. I've learned how to use 3M "knifeless" vinyl wrap tape and it's amazing. No more need to take a blade to the vinyl when you want straight lines cut in the vinyl.