View Single Post
      02-25-2018, 10:43 AM   #65
BMWSeven
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: BMW E66

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUGrad05 View Post
Sorry but you're wrong. Wrong by a wide margin. Plastics are better, center console is much better. Leather is better...

E39 is a great car, especially for it's time but you're absolutely wrong if you think it's better interior quality than the G30. In fact I was in an E39 just a couple weeks ago, I wanted to drive it to see if it was as good as I had remembered. Despite this car being in mint condition it was amazing how far we have come from an interior quality perspective.
Just a few examples - The door pockets are not fully lined (F10/G30) vs fully lined in the E39. The sides of the center console under the armrests are hard plastic vs rubberized in the E39. The leather...depends on the optioned leather - that Dakota base leather feels like pleather. E39 sure beats my E66 (which obviously beats an E60) and somewhat beats my F10 - the F10 does not feel as solidly built. The G30 equals it (some are better, some worse).

In all of them - the plastic covering the seatbelts/B-pillar is hard plastic. I was hoping it would be corrected in the G30...nope.

This could have been me (it's not)...but exactly how I feel up cars

Check the way he runs his fingers to the sides of the dashboard and runs into hard plastic. In the E39 it is thick squishy rubber. Then the door pockets as I mentioned above...arrgh.

Last edited by BMWSeven; 02-25-2018 at 11:51 AM..
Appreciate 1
OUGrad05526.50