02-24-2018, 07:56 AM   #52
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW BMW View Post
Yes I am serious, for a commuter car it is pretty good. At least that is my opinion on it. I am not saying its a sports sedan but ours does feel solid. By the way, rental cars never feel as solid as a personal car with a one owner. Those cars get flogged and treated like junk from day one, so your Comparison isn't one. And also this isn't my car, it belongs to my wife so this car is more than enough for all the miles she puts on her vehicles. Of coarse this car doesn't hold a candle to my f80 in terms of performance or looks, and my Tacoma pro is my daily vehicle and that thing is extremely solid. Not one rattle can be heard in that cabin, sometimes it's the luck of the draw with some vehicles no matter what manufacturer they are from. I think Toyota nailed it with this model as it is a big improvement in every way over the previous model it replaced. You don't have to like it, but we do and that is what matters in the end.
Look, I get that not everyone needs a high performance sports sedan. My wife drives the new Honda Pilot (which has atrociously hard suspension tuning itself, especially for an SUV!!) and before that it was a Kia Sorento. I understand that even the new Camry would make for a "good" appliance grade vehicle to people who simply need a reliable commuter with all the desired tech features. That being said, I had to keep it real when I saw comparisons to BMW or even MB. Ignoring price, one would have to be insane to think the Camry drives better or is a better vehicle in any way than even a base model 3-series. Just sayin'.

Last edited by CP911; 02-24-2018 at 08:10 AM..
Appreciate 0