03-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #136
bimmer4life24
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I don't know why I'm wading into this stupid discussion, but just to try to interject a modicum of logic in here, the E46 M3 was indeed $49k base in 2006, but that's still $57.4k in today's money, using a conservative 2% inflation rate. Use 3%, which is closer to what the EU has seen, and it would be $62k. Further, we won't see the M2 until at the earliest, next year, so you should account for another year or two of inflation for that too.
I'm done discussing the potential price of the M2. Now we're up to $57.4k for it I just hope BMW does not look at this for an excuse to increase their price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska325xi View Post
Sorry not to argue with you but i just cant agree with your thinking.

When I ask where you got your info from, I was talking about the m235i going to be replaced with a 4 cylinder 235tii (thats what you told me) and you seem to have a source on the low M2 pricing.

Anyways, if you believe the M2 will price under $50k then thats fine...its just hard to believe by many of us here on this board
Supposedly, that is what SCOTT said. Although I do not trust him, multiple sources have said the M235i will be replaced when the M2 comes out. It only makes sense to make the 235 with a high powered 4 cylinder as that is what all other manufactures are doing.
Appreciate 0