View Single Post
      03-26-2017, 08:27 PM   #8
Realdread1
Private
Rep
Drives: 16 235i

I bought my two E82s in the US and drove them back to Canada( one Mississippi and one Maine). An 09 135i in 2010 and a 12 in 2013. Had to be purchased used as it was a pain in the ass trying to talk to the US on new purchase. Lots of speculation. I actually spent more time educating then bring serviced. I only lived an 1.5 hour from buffalo so all services were made in states side. Warranty work was covered in Canada (diff blew).
Luckily the us spec comes with miles and km on the speedo. Idrive turned on/off Drl, emissions was easy, passed with flying colors. Duties, tax paid at the border. Just need to wait 3 days after purchase, submit when i left the dealership. The Canadian bmw Im not sure has km and mph ive been away to long but I dont think it does.
Now living in the US I have left my MY12 with my folks in Canada and have my MY16 235i here in the Us. I have had to import my Fiancé's us built suv. This was a pain in the ass as well and the suv was built statesides. The Canadian government has way more information on importing automobiles then the US. You Need the letter from manufacturers, emmisions test, and we had to replace a $40 part for airbag on and off. Canada air bag indicator has an image vs indicating word off. Her Suv came with km/miles speedo.

Bottom line not worth it unless your collector and its rare or like me at the time. More time than money.

Ps. Have a 2012 fully optioned 135i Us spec for sale in Canada. 28,000 km
Appreciate 0