View Single Post
      05-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #22
WULFFZA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i MSport / 2012 X5 35d

Interesting what people find appealing an what not.

I cannot compare these two as they are not in the same class.

I think the new CLS is stunning, but squash that design into a smaller fwd platform and it looks like a squished cartoon noddy car. I don't think it's (the CLA) svelte at all. As others have said, the front end is overtly heavy in design, a big gaping maw on a small car. The wheels look like they have been stuck onto rather than into the wheel arches, presumably to allow enough room for two (short) adults in the back. The tail is too short to appreciate the swooping curves.

I don't think the 2 series is perfect, but the smoothed out and swept back grill and elongated headlights are better than the old or new 1series and we're breathing a sigh of relief there. I wonder if this is a sign of what the sooner than expected F20 LCI model will look like upfront.

For me the rear 3 quarter pose on the old 1 coupe was its best angle, not that that stubby tale would work here, from what we can see here I think the taillights are bit too smoothed out. A small BMW should be chunky and stroppy looking. I'm interested nonetheless!
Appreciate 0