Thread: My 230i
View Single Post
      10-22-2017, 10:02 PM   #7
koston
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i

Installing MPSS will not cause any warranty issues. These are offered on stock 230i in other countries. You will be fine as long as it is within spec/OEM sizing and installed by a professional tyre shop.

Exhausts mods are usually fine if you limit yourself to axle-back, possibly cat-back as well. Talk to your BMW service rep to see how strict your dealer is with modifications. You also shouldn't have issues with insurance coverage with an axle-back.

The exhaust modification will void your warranty to the extent that it has caused the issue (e.g. broken exhaust flap module or rattles in rear = the dealer will claim this was caused by aftermarket exhaust and any work will not be covered under warranty). Your Engine/transmission/electrical warranty should not be affected.

Only full-m cars and a few performance models have an ADR approved exhaust (e.g. M2 or M240i). The M235i does not have an ADR approved exhaust and it is not approved for use in Australia. Also, the ADR approved exhausts are also only tested for that specific car, so you can't mix and match.

TLDR: If you want full warranty/insurance coverage - adding MPSS should be fine. Adding an exhaust may affect your warranty.

Last edited by koston; 10-22-2017 at 10:08 PM..
Appreciate 0