11-28-2017, 04:39 PM   #14
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OveN View Post
As the majority of people on this forum are US-based it's quite understandable that so many get the M240i over the 230i. And perhaps many don't see why anyone would even consider getting a 230i. With the car prices in the US, it makes sense. I would choose the M240i without thinking about it if I lived over there.

Where I live, base price for a M240i is USD24k higher than base price for the 230i due to taxes on CO2 emissions. Needless to say, you won't spot many M240's in Norway. I had to pay USD74k for my fully equipped '18 230i...which I by the way will pick up from the dealer next Tuesday!
I'd love a M240i but it's just too expensive in my car-unfriendly country
I get this reaction from a lot of my Aussie buddies who move here to Ski.. They say "do you know how much these cars are back home in Australia, mate!?" Basically GTI's, R's, M cars are virtually unobtainable for the average young professional.

Sad case, but true, and obviously not the only part of the ROW who envy the NA auto market. I think the US residents have it the best, though. They may argue we get better options, but we'd argue they pay the lowest price!