View Single Post
      10-02-2016, 10:08 AM   #342
mwickens
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i Convertible

My M240i 6MT convertible delay

As mentioned here, got the bad news on Wednesday that my M240i order has been delayed. It was supposed to be delivered this month. Now, they're saying November. So much for any top-down days this year. Apparently, the cause of the delay is a parts shortage for the manual transmission.

Ironically, I had just that morning sold my current car. Whoops. I was prepared to rent a car for a couple of weeks, but a couple of months -- not so much.

I went to the dealer to talk to my sales guy and the first things I see are two M240i convertibles (see one below). Talk about rubbing it in. They were AT, but still. And on the floor, they had a 228 convertible in my colors.

Anyway, I was able to get a bit of a price reduction on my car due to the wait, so that makes it a bit easier. And driving this rental Camry for 6-8 weeks will sure make me appreciate the M240i when it finally arrives. I was also able to finally get the production number while I was at the dealership and see its status. So I think this will actually happen -- some day!
Attached Images