scutts
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92M 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by five3three
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatty View Post
The cars dont move with snow on the ground! You cant even get to 10 MPH. My neighbor has a new M6 and I had to help him twice get out of his driveway with an inch of slush!

Helped you become a better driver? Thats just stupidity. Let me try to become a better driver while bouncing off cars on both sides of the street, let alone getting out of a parking spot.

I guarantee you your neighbor's M6 was running on summer tires. Of course you can't go anywhere in those when the weather is bad. Obviously you need suitable tires. I think that part was implied.

I'm not chiming in on the better driver or not part. I'm just refuting the part that you can't get out of a driveway with slush or bouncing off cars as you said. I run on summer tires in the winter and am pretty much disabled when the weather turns bad. But, I know if I had some all seasons I'd do much better and if I had snow tires I could be unstoppable in any kind of winter weather.
Well. In NYC, M3 with winters here. Winter sucked and I got stuck few times. It's ignorant to say that AWD does not have an obvious advantage in winter driving.
Appreciate 0