View Single Post
      07-13-2016, 12:58 AM   #18
RacerDad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

For the most part, the other drivers at the ring knew what they were doing and did not cause any problems. You have to be very aware of the faster cars and use your turn signal for communications. Right turn tells the overtaking car you are staying to the right and it safe for him to pass. Left turn tells the slower car you want to pass. The slower drivers are slow enough that passing them is not difficult. It is not like the US where the slower driver speeds up to prevent you from passing. Just like driving in any crowded situation, you have to be mindful of your surroundings. Drive at a speed that is comfortable for you. By my second run, the track was empty. I only got passed twice and had many miles of empty track. A weekday in October should be the same. Just check their website to know what days it is open. Sometimes the track is reserved for testing all day.

We are staying at the Land Gut (chain name) Hotel Zur Burg (local name). It is a basic hotel just three minutes from the Nordschleife entrance and across the street from Rent 4 Ring. I will say the bed and pillows are not the most comfortable, but not too bad. The bathroom is very nice. The internet comes and goes. There is no air conditioning, but it is not necessary as today's high will be 61. We haven't tried the restaurant yet. I found this hotel through trip advisor (I used this site for all my locations).

Last edited by RacerDad; 07-13-2016 at 01:06 AM..
Appreciate 0