View Single Post
      07-09-2016, 04:09 PM   #10
RacerDad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Day 5, Modena

You are probably wondering why we picked Modena over other great Italian cities like Venice and Rome. Modena is an industrial, gritty town with a traditional old town center. However, there was ultimately two reasons why we went here: Ferrari and Lamborghini. That's right, Modena is in between the Ferrari and Lamborghini museums. Additionally, the Enzo Ferrari museum is in Modena.

First stop, Museo Ferrari in Maranello. This exhibit was nowhere near as large as the BMW museum, but it was still awesome. There was also an F1 simulator that you can pay 25 euros for seven minutes. My son and I went heads up at Monza (another hint he didn't get right away). He beat me by four seconds (it's ok, I am still faster than him on the real ones at home).

And of course, one pic of the car.

Touring the museum didn't take as long as we anticipated, so we headed out to Bologna to visit the Lamborghini museum. After seeing the BMW and Ferrari museums, we were slightly disappointed in the small size, but the displays were great.

A few from historic Modena

Gelato!!!!

Up next, more driving impressions, Monza, Como, and a navigation system failure.
Appreciate 2
Makman230.50
ErkanTR16598.00