View Single Post
      06-27-2016, 11:54 AM   #6
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Well the cynical part of me would agree with you. The even more cynical part of me would say other manufacturers lessen their maintenance cycle so you have to go the dealership more often to pay for these services.

But I think in this day and age they care about consumer report rating and general quality ratings. While I don't necessarily live and die by those I know a lot of people do, like my parents. It's exactly why they keep buying Lexus. Plus a large amount of buyers do purchase the extended warranty, so it's not like they are completely out of the woods after 50K. But who knows.

At the end of the day it's hard to tell. Which is why I suggest a visual inspection. Air filter and spark plugs can be visually identified if they are worn to the point of replacement.
I am actually having same debate with Lexus. Their transmission is lifetime fill and lots of forum members are having transmission issues past 100k miles and blame dirty out of level tranny fluid. I personally know a guy whos tranny fell a part closer to 140-150k

PS. Honda spark plugs are rated 100k, but its 30k for manual and 15k for LSD....those are lifetime per BMW

Last edited by Kolyan2k; 06-27-2016 at 12:29 PM..
Appreciate 0