View Single Post
      05-04-2015, 12:31 PM   #77
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooks527 View Post
I can only assume you're not reading the references, because ....

Well, those were your numbers showing the difference in side-to-side torque with and without wheel braking. Granted, your reliability is low, but since open differential AWD function is pretty well established, it's a matter of of "is", not "believe".

So, tell me, if it doesn't vary power to the ground by wheel, what earthly use is any open differential AWD system?

The braking / open differential is for regular xDrive. Seriously, dude, you're starting to look clueless. The DPC torque vectoring in the X6 uses an electronic clutch in the rear axle, and we've clearly not been discussing that.

Clearly didn't look at that last video on the BMW website, did you? I gave you the link, the time in the video to watch, and clips from it.

Seriously? You still don't understand that xDrive uses the brakes in all the models, including the front axle on versions with DPC?

The reference was for overall 3-series and 5-series. It was a BMW press document describing how standard xDrive works, and had nothing to do with any M model. Again, you clearly know little about how the systems work and aren't reading the references.

No, I gave you the link to the BMWUSA page that would let you order one for an M235xi. That's not an "assumption about part numbers".

Assuming you're asking "know of personally", no. So what? I don't personally know of any red ones, any with Dinan stage 1, any with automatic headlights, and so on. BMWUSA says they sell them. My CA says they sell them. Either of those trumps you, considering your limited credibility on this subject at the moment.

But that provides an easy solution as well. You don't believe the BMWUSA website? Fine, call your CA and ask him.
Ok even DSC can apply the brakes individually, so I agree that xDrive could do it too.

Don't be silly. I'm not asking a specific red or white or whatever... I'm asking ANY XDRIVE CAR WITH LSD.
The link you posted says LSD is not available for xDrive models...
Looks like you didn't even bother to select a vehicle and try

I guess you don't know it all either...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0