View Single Post
      11-23-2020, 02:20 PM   #10
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

- Maybe 2 to 3 times a year, my factory under seat subs fail to turn on. The fix is to turn off the car, wait 2 minutes, and restart. It's done this for over 4.5 years. Never had it looked at because it's a common issue and there's no fix.

- Very occasionally, on a cold start, my M235 will sound and rock in the engine mounts like a cammed small block V8. It will do this for maybe 10 seconds or I quickly tap the throttle to around 3000rpms and it fixes it. It's done this for over 4.5 years. Never had it looked and don't see the point.

- One hot days and after the car is fully warm and the radio is off, I can hear a faint mechanical knocking. It almost sounds like rod knock. The sound is caused by the dual mass, self-adjusting flywheel. It's done this for over 3.5 years. Never had it looked and don't see the point as dual mass flywheels are known to be noisy.

- After the car is fully warm and the radio is off, and especially if I'm in an enclosed area with concrete floors like a garage, when I turn off the car with the car in neutral, clutch pedal out, I can hear quite apparent mechanical knocking on shut off. This again is the dual mass flywheel. It's done this since day 1 of ownership in Feb 2016.

- Occasionally the clutch can chatter quite badly in 1st. The fix is to clutch in and try again. It's done this for over 3.5 years. Never had it looked because it's totally random.
makrop151.00
Poochie9107.50