View Single Post
      05-25-2018, 03:46 PM   #1583
F22_Alpin_Weiss
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F-150 Lariat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyresian View Post
I live in Northeastern Wisconsin and drove a TTS as my daily for a few years and loved it. And I have my 2 series coming. I can't control the salt or the weather but heck, driving a sporty AWD or RWD with Snow Tires can be damn fun too. I'm not going to sacrifice driving enjoyment when there are working options. Even with the salt with proper upkeep a car will last longer than I'm going to keep it.
No doubt. I'm young, and beginning my career though. So my outlook is that I can put the 235 money away, save for a while, and get back into the seat of something enjoyable in a couple years. Or make a down payment on a home. Adulting sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Where in the Midwest?
Dearborn, Michigan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Sorry I just missed you with selling mine, but can't recommend highly enough a Subaru. I no longer spend winters here, but the Crosstrek on Bridgestone KO2 tires was a beast in the winters....took off on ice/snow like a scalded cat, all for low twenties new...may as well find a lightly used one. With the BMW safely waiting out winter in the garage, I drove and parked the Subaru anywhere and it handled the potholes/ruts with ease...lots of suspension travel. Got to the point where I drove it when it rained or to densely packed parking lots...the "no worries" car!
Couldn't agree more! I had a '15 WRX, and drove a family Forester XT, and Crosstrek extensively. Outstanding all-weather vehicles!

Appreciate 0