View Single Post
      05-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Lightbulb BMW M235i (F22) Seen in Valencia Orange. Gives Preview of Front End Styling + Render

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW M235i (F22) Seen in Valencia Orange. Gives Preview of Front End Styling + Render
COMMENTS

The BMW M235i coupe continues testing on the Nurburgring, this time in Valencia Orange. While this prototype remains in the same level of camouflage as previously sighted prototypes, it does give us a glimpse at the M235i's front end design.

What the M235i reveals through the heavy front end camo are large air intake vents with fins like those featured on the M6 and spied on the upcoming M3/M4. You can also see the bottom of the bumper's splitters poking out below the camouflage. These seem to resemble those on the M135i hatchback. Taken together, what we may see once the camouflage is revealed is a blend of the M135i and M6 front bumper styling, as previewed in the render below (courtesy of Topspeed).

The rest of the prototype is as we've seen before - with the same M135i wheels, M Sport brakes, and split twin black exhaust pipes, along with a trunk spoiler lip.

The M235i and 228i both begin production this November. Unlike the M135i, the M235i will come to the US. There will be no 235i produced, as the M235i will take its place in the lineup. The M235i will feature the same powerplant and mechanicals as the acclaimed M135i hatchback.

We've also reposted below the first interior photos of the M235i and a recent track video.

Catch our 2 Series news and features @ http://www.bimmerpost.com/2-series/

Preview Render:

Name:  bmw-m235i-render.jpg
Views: 35281
Size:  500.5 KB

BMW M235i Coupe in Valencia Orange Gives Peek at Front End Design

BMW M235i Coupe Interior

Recent Track Video:

Appreciate 0