View Single Post
      01-16-2014, 09:09 AM   #78
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

LOL...

Quote:
Q: When will the M Performance Parts for the 2 Series be available?
A: Those responsible for them are trying to get these parts out as soon as possible, but I think we have to talk about the parts individually when talking about availability dates. They could become available piecemeal - at different times. The limited slip differential (LSD) is one of the popular parts people are waiting for. BMW itself is producing these; they're not bought off the shelf. And the demand for it is far exceeding our initial estimates. We were scaling production for x amount, but now the demand looks much higher. So the question is how do we get these parts out.

It looks like SCOTT hasn't been doing his (their) job.

How can an optional LSD, exceed their estimates..? When everyone, & I mean everyone... knows that BMW's should come with an LSD. And have been BEGGING for them to come back. Honestly, how can BMW miss all of the people complaining over the last 10 years, about the absence of LSDs in BMWs. They are all but admitting that BMW has not listen to their customer base in a long while.

Secondly, nobody is going to order a $48k M235i, if there wasn't a LSD option. Funny thing is, an LSD still isn't an option, because they don't have enough (& the Germans get first crack at them, so be prepared to wait with your $1,500).
Appreciate 0