View Single Post
      05-09-2023, 12:56 PM   #31
230iZTR
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Signal Orange wrapped 230i THP

I agree. Im aware it could be made even more efficient in the future. Eventually I'd like to up the thickness to an even stiffer 10mm plane, replace the SlipLo with a few Professional Awesome titanium skid pucks, replace all the hardware with flush mounted pieces, mate the air dam to the splitter a bit better, add diffusers to the splitter's trailing edge, vent the fenders, replace the hood with a GTS carbon unit, flatten out the floor as much as possible, remove the muffler, and fill in the space it left behind with a diffuser that extends all the way to the rear axle.

But for now, 3/16" of SlipLo is fine for intial testing of a one-off prototype. I know I'm leaving some downforce and aerodynamic efficiency on the table that can be improved upon later. But this is better than no splitter at all, and the GTS wing is moderately sized to begin with so it doesnt need to push out huge numbers to balance it out.

The M4 GTS splitter looks like it has some features that introduce turbulence as well (adjustment slots, a big gap at the trailing edge to the front tray) and it still manages to put down 150+ lbs of downforce at 100mph.

17x9 APEX Arc8-R, 255/40/17 RE71RS, Vorshlag Plates, Swift Spec-R Springs, m-Performance Bumpstops, Dinan ShockWare, Paragon 2-piece rotors, Carbon lip, custom 3" alumalite splitter, GTS wing, FTP Intake and Charge pipe, BootMod3 Stage 1 OTS
Appreciate 0