View Single Post
      12-01-2017, 04:05 AM   #13
mrashton
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 G32 6GT; 2014 F45 218i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
Got my 218i at auto a few days ago , must say I love it , beautiful drive , nice high driving position and the 218i engine is so responsive
it's hard to believe it's only 1500 cc , currently getting 38/39 mpg , but that's driving really carefully, I expect it to drop a bit with normal driving, overall VERY impressed
My wife has the 218i Luxury manual and with town driving we only get around 28mpg but on the motorway I've seen 48mpg. We have a launch car so a 14 plate and it has had an engine replacement at 13000miles due to premature crankshaft bearing wear. This only affected the manual cars and there was a "BMW enhancement" so not a real recall and mine was picked up a few months before the warranty expired when I took it in for some little niggles I was unhappy about. One being a judder when pulling away on release of the clutch.

Anyway, with the new engine the car feels so much smoother and we really like the car. The HUD is excellent and really like the comfort access. Could do with surround view like I have in my F11 as the F45 is a little difficult to judge due to its shape and the deep dashboard.

For my wife who is much shorter than me 194cm vs 159cm she struggles with the thick A pillar so seeing cars coming from the left or right can be a little tricky.
Appreciate 0