First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 | E92 M3 | '15 Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddy74 View Post
Thanks for the information.

Can I ask a few other questions please:

1. Why are we targeting at AFR of 12.3 when stock is 12.8 ?

2. Yes what is the Target Boost ?

3. What other parameters are changed in the tune ?

4. Is this the Stage 1 tune ? Any other modifications or is it a stock car ?

5. Im sure I saw a thread where torque limits on M235i were reached causing misfires - My Bad

Overall the Dyno graph looks pretty good but the numbers 280HP for stock car I assume this is ATWHP ?

Thanks for assisting with my questions.
Can I ask a few other questions please:

1. Why are we targeting at AFR of 12.3 when stock is 12.8 ?

>> Stock is 11.8

2. Yes what is the Target Boost ?

>> In the code we don't necessary ask for more boost, we ask for more torque and the ECU gives us the boost to achieve that torque. We have a 435i on the dyno right now and will let you know increase in boost based on the latest revision. At the other dyno we weren't logging boost for that M235i.

3. What other parameters are changed in the tune ?

>> Primarily we are dealing with fuel, timing, boost and vanos and a smattering of other variables to deal with some of the limits that live in the code.

4. Is this the Stage 1 tune ? Any other modifications or is it a stock car ?

>> All our Stage 1 numbers are on 91 octane with no other mods. I guess we could make ourselves look better by doing all out baselines on 93 but then we frustrate our customers out here in CA who are limited to 91.

5. Im sure I saw a thread where torque limits on M235i were reached causing misfires - My Bad

>> We haven't done a Stage 2 M235i yet so this still could be the case. We are well exceeding the torque limits on the N55 cars that we see on the N20/N26 auto cars. No limits seem to be there for the manual cars. We achieved 400wtq on our 228i manual.

Overall the Dyno graph looks pretty good but the numbers 280HP for stock car I assume this is ATWHP ?

>> Yes, at the wheels.
Appreciate 1