View Single Post
      05-13-2014, 11:22 AM   #178
JRMorgan
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Good review.

I agree the 135i has a "face" only a mother could love. It really takes time getting used to that look.

Also agree with "single and not even a dog". I don't see the point of making these cars bigger. That's what the 3 series has become.

About pissing off Chevys I'm sure you're familiar with the right lane passing at intersections in Chicago. It's the only way to get anywhere in Chicago given the midwest lack of a sense of urgency. People take 10 seconds to recognize a green light. So positioned in the right (turning) lane all kinds of fools think your tiny little car is in fact some form of Chevy or Mazda or even Kia. I've had anything from Camry hybrids to SUVs try to cut me off from passing them from the right on green. They really have no clue about the power our cars are packing. The car is a wolf in sheep's clothing more so the uglier, smaller 135i.

As for DCT I had most of my issues resolved with an update to the "latest integration level". Still having a stick is what I miss most and the only thing beckoning me to the 235i. The one big issue being the weight.
Appreciate 0