View Single Post
      05-12-2014, 09:52 AM   #177
IndyMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 VO 1 M/22 G42 Thundernight

Quote:
Originally Posted by alz0rz View Post
Went in to Dreyer & Reinbold Northside and placed my order. No specific allocation yet but they have not received any additional allocations since launch (only 3) and I've been assured by my CA and manager that my order will be take the next allocation they receive. They expect that to be mid-April or earlier.

Hopefully by summertime there will be another M235i roaming Indy!
Happened to be in the DR northside area Saturday afternoon and decided to swing by to see if they had any 235's on the lot.

Turns out they had two Sapphire Blacks in stock, one in the showroom and the other in the front lot that is a demo vehicle.

Visually I really dig the front facia. It's nice and aggressive and a decided improvement in my eyes over the stock 135 facia.

But I still prefer the side and rear appearance and profile of the E82, plus the E82 was unequivocally distinct that it could never be confused with any of the other series.

I parked the 1 M right next to the 235 and although statistically the numbers say the 235 is the larger car, because of the muscular sheetmetal of the 1 M dimensionally I didn't see a decided difference.

In my eyes if they had mildly tweaked and refreshed the E82 side and rear and stuck the F22 front facia on it this car would border on being mind blowing.

If I were in the market and had to have a new vehicle now there's no way I wouldn't be getting either the 228 or 235.

One of the CA's there said he was originally going to get the 228 over the 235 because it handled as well and felt lighter when he drove the two back-to-back, but ultimately once he started loading it with preferred options it didn't make sense not to go with the 235.

The F3# and F8# are virtual land barges (albeit speedy ones), and so are out of play for me.

But before leaving I did find out D&R expects to receive their Sapphire black M4 demo in about 6 six weeks.

So, maybe then I'll have the necessary time to test drive both the 235 and M4 to provide reference points between both and the 1 M.

"Before You, Lord, We Bow" - Francis Scott Key
Appreciate 0