View Single Post
      02-21-2017, 01:49 PM   #1
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

On the Needle - Finally Went Dinan...

Little background, had a RWD coupe that I loved and kept stock, sold to a forum member when I got my xDrive vert. Vert is nice for different reasons but heavier from AWD and convertible. Would have thought perfectly fine had I not had a coupe for 2 years first.

Had done Dinan Stage 1 on sport wagon I got for dad since he was coming out of a Macan and liked the BMW but thought it was under-powered. Had a GREAT experience with Matt at Thomson, anyone near Doylestown PA definitely call him up. I sleep better at night knowing the work was done at a BMW / Dinan shop. Know all the arguments about more performance for less etc. etc. but between the two cars combined MSRP ~$120K I've paid maybe an extra $1500 for Dinan and have warranty. That's like what 1-1.5% of the value?

Anyway last weekend went to see Matt again, planning to do Stage 2 with the intake. We test drove a Stage 1 convertible he had on the lot and decided that was more than enough for the kind of driving I do. So I went with Stage 1 and was VERY happy with it - until I got a screw in my tire and stole the sport wagon back for the week!

That said, and the reason for the title, is I have been thinking about the CAI nonstop and then going Stage 2. Already planning on slotted rotors when my brakes are due for replacement.

Gateway drugs are a dangerous thing...

Last edited by BEM-S4; 02-21-2017 at 01:55 PM..
Appreciate 3
pz6193278.50
jpnh1424.50
BMWZ41912.50