03-27-2015, 10:27 AM   #51
nike001
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW335iOn18s View Post
Could you give us a breakdown of how the M235i /M4 feel similar/different? Like steering, clutch, shifter, pedals, ride quality, throttle response, but around town at normal speeds or in traffic....stuff like that. I'm dying to know! In other wards, on my commute to school everyday, would I notice anything different or better if I paid 2x more a month?
I wanted to drive the M4 again after getting my 235 so I could have a better comparison. I just got back after driving our dealerships M4 and it's a different beast. It's loud enough where you don't hear the synthetic sound being pumped through the speakers. It's louder, stiffer (of course), steering is a lot heavier (especially in sport), DCT is amazing (haven't driven an 6MT yet. I'm a huge believer in MT cars and I would never get an M4 in 6MT). It's very civilized in traffic and boost is quick to come on.

As I just jokingly said to 2 of our CA's.. You don't realize how much of a not-M car your 235i is until you drive an M4. It's a huge difference. Truth be told, I'll be doing everything in my power to get an M4 when they're on CPO.
Appreciate 0