Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
When will this end. I say to your post, don't bother putting an old MT clunker in it and only offer it in M-DCT.

I could add that if they only offer in it MT they wont even move them off the lot. There is no argument here, the stats show that 75% of owners will purchase M-DCT over manual.

I am buying a performance car and I also want the performance transmission to go with it. Don't see many MT in F1 these days do you?

Having said that, I expect BMW to offer choices and let the buyer chose what options they want, that way we can all be happy.
Well you made you're case of why they shouldn't add all those things, I'm making a valid point as to why they should. I'm willing to bet that 90% of those things end up in the M2 minus the s55 which we all know is 99% rumored to be a hopped up N55. So be it. Will it still be a fantastic M car. Absofuckinglutly!

Again to save weight, money, they can do all the things people are asking. Not to mention cc brakes will be optional.

Yeah I do want the "clunker" trans this time around. To agree with your comment on the take rate of the M-DCT of 75%, it may even be higher than that. M/T won't be around for much longer and it is what it is.
I honestly don't need anyone's reason of opting for a DCT to justify their purchase, especially pulling out the old F1 cars use it argument. Lewis Hamilton or whoever is behind the wheel, their job is to get that car the fastest possible way around that track shaving off milliseconds and yes the DCT's are waaaaay faster for it. That's his job he's not out having coffee and donuts! He gets paid millions of damn dollars for it.

Now will you ever track your car? Probably not, will I? Probably not. I really don't give a darn if you can beat me to 60. I don't care that your car is .3 tents faster in the 1/4.
I want to row my own damn shaft through those gates. That's the fun factor for me. 99.9 % of my driving is street. And I've had and driven autos and DCT's, and they're fucking boring.
So the drug is still available to give the high, when it's not ill adapt as everyone will with it.

I ask you this one thing. How many 1M's ended up sitting on the lots because they were M/T? Not a single one.

Sure the volume was low, I don't know the exact global figure say 4500 units. 750 in the States. I'd say the M2 volume will be roughly double that, perhaps even 10,000. 35-40% manual, they'll all be sold...

So when will this end? When they stop making the "clunker".

Last edited by Jadar; 07-24-2014 at 12:59 PM..
Appreciate 0