First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i 6MT PSS BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoosh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownBoy View Post
If I'm gonna be right about just one thing, then that's the one, eh? What do I care if the AT is 0.1 sec faster to 60 than my MT at the drag strip? Bragging rights, on paper? That's fine if it makes someone happy, for however many days they're staring at the specs on paper and the few days they're at the track. Me? I'm shiftin' and grinnin' every day. I guess it depends on how one measures performance, and there are many subjective criteria one could apply. Cheers.
How do you apply a subjective criteria to a measurement of anything? This one "feels better" than that one? That car is "more engaging"? That's not a measurement - it's an opinion.
Of course it is, but if that is why you purchased "...a performance car such as the M2..." (in your words), then perceived "engagement" and satisfaction are the most important criteria. They are, by necessity, subjective opinions based on the owner's experience and that's the whole point. If an owner derives great satisfaction out of rowing his/her own gears, then why would you state "...in fact the DCT is the only gearbox option to have, all measurable benchmarks will be markedly superior with the DCT." I don't care about the "advantage" of a DCT (although I don't begrudge or belittle those who prefer it).

You also mention, "... if its focused driving then nothing comes close to a DSG." That's your opinion, right? There are many here (myself included), whose experience is quite the contrary.