11-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #99
SmallTownBoy
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i 6MT PSS BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoosh View Post
If you want a performance car, the only thing that matters is the car's performance, which is not subjective at all. It cracks me up to see people who thrown out BDC and lightning lap times to support one car over the other because of a second or two margin on the track, but then pull out the "make mine a stick" card. You either want the best time possible on track, or you don't.

If you want a fun/sporting car, then the subjective qualities come into play. But you're right about one thing - buy what makes you happy, because the internet isn't going to drive your car.
If I'm gonna be right about just one thing, then that's the one, eh? What do I care if the AT is 0.1 sec faster to 60 than my MT at the drag strip? Bragging rights, on paper? That's fine if it makes someone happy, for however many days they're staring at the specs on paper and the few days they're at the track. Me? I'm shiftin' and grinnin' every day. I guess it depends on how one measures performance, and there are many subjective criteria one could apply. Cheers.