United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 & 2024 BMW X1 M35i

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnstile View Post
My M235i was fitted with the ESW from the dealer. What Im finding is day to day driving isn't that great with it fitted. Reason being is that the top of the wheel is extremely fat due to the need for the display and electronics. If your use to holding the wheel with one hand on top, and the other hand on the shifter it's not comfortable at all. I'm thinking of just buying the other Alcatera wheel (with the stripe on top). I asked the dealer if the original wheel was available but he stated that with port installed options they keep the original. Go Figure. btw - the car is leased so selling it really isn't an option.
Im really enjoying the ESW. That being said I did order it myself so I should. I do know what you mean about it being fatter on top but I actually like that, gives me better grip when I'm turning with one hand in more aggressive driving when I have the other hand on the shifter, almost leaves me wanting the whole wheel to be just a bit thicker. But I know that most people don't feel this way so I understand.
Appreciate 0