Thread: Sedan to Coupe?
View Single Post
      01-05-2018, 01:39 AM   #14
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

When it comes to the Coupé vs sedan debate i would my self this time choose a sedan.

For my reasons i would choose a sedan because all of my cars except one so far has been coupés, And my main issues with a coupé is.

-People getting in and out have to fold the front seat to let people in feels kinda UN-modern if i may say so my self and especially if you have electric seats having to hold the button for the seat to move forward those seats aren't the fastest seats around. (For this reason i chose manual passenger seat in my car that i had) Cause it just looked stupid when people waiting in the rain to get in to the car while the seat was moving forward. How i know about this cause my former car not the 235i i had but a Volvo C30 had power seats both driver and passenger seat, and people had to wait in line to get in cause of the seat and being a coupé.

-People entering the back seat with dirty shoes and such hitting the back seats cause they have to jump over the middle seat if you are transporting 2 people in the backseat. Especially if its raining/dirty slush snow outside that spells disaster. This wasn't to much of an issue in the Volvo cause i had memory mapping the the seats, but on the 235i being manual seats i hated when people wanted to enter on my driver seat side cause they messed up my perfect positioning so i always forced all people to enter thru the passenger side to not mess up my seating position and always the smallest/shortest person had to sit behind me.

-Unpractical when it comes to transporting stuff sometimes, this was sort of an issue cause you don't buy a coupé cause its "practical" but sometimes you had to transport stuff witch made it hard to do from time to time.

-No back windows being able to be opened sometimes this would have been nice to have windows that can open back there, my 235i didn't have it, my c30 didn't have it nor the c70 didn't have it. I can't speak for all coupés some may be able to open back windows i am not 100% sure of this.

This was some of the issues that bothered me while having a coupé car so this might be something to think about.

So next time for me will be a sedan, cause having those 2 extra doors is rather good even though in may not look super good but its worth it for me to avoid those upper issues i mention earlier. This is probably the biggest reason for me not buying an M2 yet cause of the coupé part, i hope in the future there will be an M2 GC that would be perfect considering the M3 is rather to large car for me in my opinion i like the 2 series look it just lacks the two extra doors that i want so badly. An M2 GC Hybrid would be the ultimate car. The M2 sound and feel when i wan't to but at the same time when wanting to commute from work and back and not make to much fuss switching to full electric mode just cruising along and relaxing.
Appreciate 0