06-25-2014, 11:51 AM   #60
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Not true. Most have driven the 2 and while overall the 2 series is a better car and probably better looking, there are some things that were better on the 1 series for some. It had better real sound and a really nice normally aspirated 128 model, it had a temp gauge and you could get it without iDrive or active suspension if you wished and it felt firmer too, it had a hydraulic steering rack and a place to stick your key in. Those are small differences that that some people appreciate.

Secondly and most important, there is all this thing about 1 series owners "trolling" 2 series site. As if we should stay on our side of the fence.

What these people don't get is that the 2 series IS THE old 1 series! Many of us are looking at the 2 series as a replacement to the 1 so that trolling stuff is bunk. I will rinse and repeat....the 2 series is the 1 series with a new badge and it is the same group of people looking at it.
My current car is a 335is. I don't like how the 1 series looks, plus I found it just a bit too cheaply finished. I have the M235i on order and it satisfies by having most of what I liked about the 135is without all the things I didn't. Except the really crappy sun visors that feel like they came from a Toyota Yaris. No idea what the hell that's about...
Appreciate 0