04-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #11
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chron3k View Post
The 991 deals they're offering still have pretty good residuals on 7.5k and 10k/year 2-year leases. The extra mile is 0.30 each... if I go over 10K in 2 years I'll just pay the penalty (I did the math out and pre-paying for extra mileage is 0.24 per mile or something).

IIRC, the residual on a 991 S cab is .73 and top-tier MF is 0.002. My car was MSRP 131K and I pay roughly $1440 incl. NJ tax (0 down).
Wait, so you mean with Porsche, if you buy miles at the beginning it's more than buying during the lease? (30 vs 24). That doesn't seem logical...?

$1440 is really good for a 131k one.
The best I was offered was 7.5 down, 1100/month 24months 5k mi 100k car. Seemed pretty outrageous to me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpg22 View Post
Probably no used 2013's yet. I thought you at least wanted to test drive one to see if you liked it. Don't know how different a 2012 would be from a 2013. I did a search on KBB and several 2012's came up in my area.
None :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
The new Boxster S sure does drive well. I prefer soft tops for their lighter weight, classic looks and low stack height that doesn't consume all/part of the trunk when folded. Plus they're much simpler and should prove cheaper to deal with over the long haul (of course most cars I've seen with broken tops seem to be Porsches).

My only concession with the two convertibles I've owned is to always leave a window open or the top down if it's not raining and at least the doors unlocked if it is raining. I've had random little things stolen, but never had the top cut or a window broken.

Long Haul isn't a concern for me cause I don't plan to own it for longer than the 2-3 year lease period
I used to have a 986 Boxster a few years ago, and damn that thing was NOSIEY (top down is fine, but top up! It was hard to have a conversation without yelling)

Z4/E93 335/E93 M3 have all been super quiet. i need to drive the new boxster with the top up on the freeway to see how the wind noise is..
Appreciate 0