11-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #289
jackmcclane
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
Probably cause it would be pretty easy also to re-tune it to M4 levels and kick M4's butt

If you look at the past M5 M3 1M was V10 V8 I6....
next gen is V8 I6 ??? (most likely I4)
But since when BMW does care about tuners?? You can get a faster 1 series hatch than the M5/6 at the moment for sure, but who cares about a car like this?
When you just look at the numbers in combination with downsizing than the comingup M cars will be V8 I6 I4... which would be only the case when BMW cares this much about class differentiation, the other points are all pro S55.

But why the hell some people want a I4? Like I said you can't expect a high revving I4 and a few kilos really doesn't matter for such a car.

You all can buy what you want, I'm not gonna buy a M2 with a I4 engine, it's not 2020 or later. We won't see a natural aspirated one anymore and I accept the points why. I can live with a turbocharged I6 and the S55 will be a really good engine in all aspects.. (..no, no M3/4 for me but people who want that I4 so bad could get a CLA AMG or one of the other thousands of turbocharged I4 engines on the market...)

Last edited by jackmcclane; 11-02-2013 at 03:02 PM..
Appreciate 0