View Single Post
      04-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #55
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerEngineer View Post
^^^^ There are no plans for a 2 GC... Car above is also far to short & thin... Nice idea though... It would be pricey, like the 640ci... Im sorry but $80k for a 640 is about 25k excessive. Good pics.. Since SOOO many people don't read everything in the first post, I'll def agree its a base model mostly on the wheels and exhaust. It's either the I8 or I10 in SoCa too, east bound into the mtn/desert areas... This car is nearly the same width as a 1... And maybe a little longer/taller by an inch, so a possibility it's a 2 or a new 128.... As we don't yet use the turbo 4 in the 1 yet, only the 328 as it. It could even be a 120, more appropriate to how BMW used (prior to 2003) name their vehicles: first number is body style, & last two numbers was the engine in litre displacement.

Also sad that bmw's are mostly "computer controlled" these days, def not the ultimate Driving machine anymore for at least a good 4 years now... I've been drive bmw's for 29 yrs!!!! Even the handling of these cars is gone... Everything else beats the daylights out of BMW in road tests of handling. Looks like I'm staying old school to the "ultimate driving machine" philosophy and looking to buy a pre-2005 BMW that are actually FUN to drive and less than 15% of today's computer nannys to ruin it.

Audi is running away with the awards and sales volume... Plus Audi is focused on building quality, not quantity.
No. There is a 2er Gran Coupe coming, I seen it in Munich about two weeks ago it is a four door 2er but has a slightly lengthened wheelbase (rear legroom will not be that great due to RWD drivetrain) the roofline is elongated but more rounder it is in essence a baby Gran Coupe. It's coming because BMW understand the need for this car and the potential it can have against its newest FWD competitors. Their will be a 1er Sedan aswell as a MINI sedan which I will cover soon but these are based on the UKL matrix for FWD cars.