06-24-2016, 12:01 PM   #10
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeped View Post
This is a pretty fluffy and somewhat misleading (perhaps not intentional) review. Generally folks who have tried BMS stage 1 (myself included, twice) report definite and very obvious throttle response lag. Upon tip in to throttle the car feels weak and laggy from a dead stop. Not so without the tune which is why I removed and sold mine (twice). My car is noticeably more responsive and lively WITHOUT the BMS stage 1. Now, I will state in manual mode in sport or sport plus it pulled a bit harder. It also launched hard with the stage 1. But in comfort mode during my daily commute my car certainly "felt" better without it. I didnt find it was worth ruining my driving experience for the little time I spent per week in other modes or even more rarely launching the car. Just my 2 cents.
I wanted to do another quote/repost of this poster's comment about my review being "fluffy" and "misleading". I did another search of other forums for reviews of the JB stage 1 & found these comments from other buyers, as well as experienced & respected sellers. I wanted readers of my post to feel comfortable with what I am saying with my review.

With regards to comments you might be reading about "jerking shifting" I am guessing that has to be with regards to automatic tranny. I have the 6 speed. If folks are experiencing "jerky shifting" with a manual tranny, well... that's driver error.

So please take note of the similarities between my review & what others have said. Pretty uncanny. And then, take note of what the vendors are saying about the JB1 and JB4.

My appt at the speed shop is at 3PM folks!! Dyno results coming later so keep a watch out for them! The shop is over an hour from my house so I am thinking I'll have the results posted after I get back & eat dinner (8PM or so).

I'll post air temps & all that good stuff.

And I found out they use the Mustang Dynamometer. So it's gonna be important you focus on the delta, not the numbers themselves.
Attached Images

2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 0