View Single Post
      05-25-2015, 11:28 AM   #1
angelbones
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: V.O. 228i

well equipped M235 vs 428i

I guess I have too much time on my hands, as I'm playing with the BMW (and admittedly other manufacturers) configurators to see what I can get. Sad thing is that I have a couple years left on my 228 lease not to mention I'm really very happy with my car.

One thing, however, that the 2 doesn't have that the 4 series can get is HUD. I also think the 428 is a better looking car overall, but then it loses the 2 series charm and lighter weight, and all the other advantages of the 2 that are constantly discussed on this forum. So I could get all the performance and most of the features I want on a M235, including leather and the premium package (but no tech package, which on a 2, is not as important to me). Fyi, I like leather and like the goodies in the premium package, although admittedly some could argue it's a little over-priced. When built, it's around $49k. For around the same price, I could get a no-line 428, which has the same engine as my 228 so I know I would enjoy it, but with obviously less features, and less performance the M235. There are way more 4 series out there than there are 2, so that's also a mark against the 4 for me. However, I could build a 428, get the tech package which has the HUD, and also the DHP, but if I want to keep it around the same price, I couldn't get the premium package. I could certainly live without the leather, but the biggest thing I would miss is the keyless entry and satellite radio, both features I've had in my cars for the past decade and don't think I could do without them now. I've heard that the radio can be coded for satellite. Is that true? Also, any way to get keyless entry "coded" into a vehicle? For those without keyless entry, does that mean there is an actual keyhole for entry and/or starting?

These are questions I'm just musing as I look ahead, and was wondering others take on this.
Appreciate 0