View Single Post
      02-10-2018, 09:48 AM   #23
bernstem
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Might be faster. Probably will be better overall, but... massive improvement? Maybe not. Exhaust note and turbo lag are both better on the N55. High end pull, tunability and overall power are better on the S55. How much power, though, is too much for the M2 chassis? The M2 is already a handful without stability control. The M3/4 will push driver skill even more. I'll bet less then 5% of this forum is good enough to really drive an M2 with M3/4 power levels close to its limit. I certainly am not.

Chassis likely won't be better than a good aftermarket coilover set on the non-CSL. If it has adjustable dampers, I'm not sure that is an improvement other than in ride quality and I wouldn't be buying a CS because it is smoother cruising on the highway.

Don't get me wrong, I would take the CS over the base M2. How much is the price going to go up though? If it gets high enough, the competition gets a lot more interesting. 60k is only 5k over the current M2. 65k is 10k over and that seems to be the number most people are looking at. How will it compare to the M3/4, C63 AMG, etc. at 65k base?

All this is assuming you can get a CS. If they follow the M3/4 model, it will be limited. If you aren't already on a list with a deposit, you may be out of luck.

All this is speculation until we actually have the car and pricing in front of us.
Appreciate 1