Neph
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i E92, Sport, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMZ3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaputt View Post
I think the steering comments are all over the map because some people have come straight from older BMW's with the hydraulic system while others are coming from a car that currently has EPS. So the viewpoints vary wildly.

I would love to hear how the steering compares to other similar cars on the market that also have EPS. I think that would be a much more fair comparison. If anyone has any insight on that please chime in.
Yeah, the whole hydraulic/EPS debate is pretty much pointless. There is no going back to hydraulic any time in the foreseeable future...on any car brand (you can thank government MPG regulations for that). So the choice is to buy an older BMW or deal with EPS and hope BMW can make their EPS "better" than its competitors.
Not pointless.

I drove a cayman s last week. The new one w ZF EPS. I could not tell the difference between my E92 hydraulic.

Let your money do the talking. I don't plan on buying anymore BMW products till they fix their EPS code (same supplier as Porsche so they can do it but choose not to change the feedback filtering). That's the only way BMW may realize.

Till then, nice knowing you BMW.
Appreciate 0