Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Lightbulb Paris 2014: BMW 2 Series Convertible World Premiere

BIMMERPOST NEWS
Paris 2014: BMW 2 Series Convertible World Premiere
COMMENTS

The BMW 2 Series Convertible has just made its world premiere at the 2014 Paris Auto Show. Here are photos from our first live look at the droptop 2 Series, and the speech transcript from its introduction during the BMW press conference.

The 2015 M235i convertible will start in the US at $48,650 (including $925 destination & handling), the 228i model starts at $38,850 and the 228i xDrive is priced from $40,650. They'll arrive in US showrooms in early 2015.

For all 2 Series Convertible info and media, see our Official 2 Series Convertible Thread.

Dr.-Ing. Herbert Diess,
Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Development
World premiere BMW 2 Series convertible

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have brought along a great world premiere for you today: The new BMW 2 Series Convertible!

Following on from the BMW 4 Series Convertible and the M4 Convertible, we are presenting our third open-top model this year, offering convertible fans in the US and here in Europe even more choice. From my own experience, I can assure you, it makes driving with the top down a real joy – thanks to the best driving dynamics in the segment with:
  • new and powerful engines,
  • the best aerodynamic characteristics of any competitor with a Cw value of 0.31, and
  • 20 per cent more torsional stiffness than the previous model.

The 2 Series Convertible is also significantly larger: It has grown 72 mm in length and 26 mm in width, with a 30 mm longer wheelbase – making it even more practical, with more luggage space and a larger through-load.

Even driving with the roof up is a pleasure, since the acoustic soft top, which comes as standard, reduces cabin noise significantly. The classically elegant roof can also be optioned in three different colours.

We aim to set new standards with every model we build – including in the area of connectivity – so the BMW 2 Series Convertible naturally comes with the latest version of BMW ConnectedDrive.

We are the first automobile manufacturer to introduce over-the-air updates for the navigation system [more details]. Connected Drive ensures the latest navigation data is always available – with automatic updates up to four times a year, thanks to the built-in SIM card and 4G network coverage.

These days, it is hard to imagine individual mobility in urban areas without connectivity – especially in cities like Paris. Connectivity and efficient dynamics are converging – benefiting both customers and the city.

The BMW 2 Series Convertible will be available from 28 February 2015 – just in time for the new Convertible season. The same applies to the first open-top M Performance car – the BMW M235i Convertible.

I have no doubt that our customers will be impressed – here in France, too.

BMW 2 Series Convertible World Premiere - 2014 Paris Auto Show

Appreciate 0