View Single Post
      01-24-2014, 06:53 PM   #28
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Did you have it in "Sport +" mode? Some have said that the "weightiness" of that setting is pretty good. Curious to hear what you think...
I didn't at first so then I tried each of the different modes and while sport+ is a big improvement I still seriously hated the feel. Like was said above I got in my e90 and drove home feeling like a race car driver or something because it felt so responsive. I'm not even that picky about this stuff and it bothered me. I almost feel bad admitting it. To give you an idea:
We were pulling up to an intersection where I was turning right. I was going slow. There were cars backed up in the lane going straight so as I pulled up to the stopped cars I had to move into the right lane to get around them and turn right. As I neared the stopped cars I flicked the steering wheel right like I would in my e90 to get around it and the car BARELY moved (I'm going about 5mph at this point mind you). I then nearly panicked and had to crank the wheel and seriously almost clipped the back right corner of a stopped car when I was moving slow about 35 seconds into my test drive. This was in normal driving mode and it was crazy how much wheel input was required when moving slow to turn the car vs what happens in my e90. It is VERY VERY different than the BMW steering feel of old... again, I'm sure you'd get used to it but I'll probably never have to.

If anybody has a new 335 that didn't like the steering at first I'd love to hear if they have gotten used to it and don't think about it anymore or if it still bothers them.
Appreciate 0