View Single Post
      01-24-2014, 11:42 AM   #25
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody4 View Post
So, everyone gets the limited slip differential except North America, or am I just not seeing it on BMW's U.S. website?

Also, it looks like another vote for the ho-hum steering in this car. But, I wonder if this is simply overemphasized, as I'm more-than-satisfied with my Sports Packaged-equipped E90. (Admittedly, it has different steering mechanicals than the new 2-series.)
I was 95% ready to buy a new F30 335 to replace my 2007 E90 with sport package. The dealer had a car spec'd exactly how I wanted. I went to drive it before purchasing figuring that all of the steering woes were exaggerated and it wouldn't bother me. I don't track the car, I use it for a lively 7 miles of commuting a day so I figured there was no way it would bother me. Man was I wrong. I couldn't believe how annoying I found it. I"m sure you'd probably get used to it but it was bad enough that I didn't buy the car. It literally feels like the wheel is linked to the tires with a rubber band.... even when you set it to sport+ or whatever its called it still was no bueno for me. Everything else about the car felt like a big step up from the E90 but at the end of the day I didn't think it was going to be a fun enough car with that steering to justify $55k. Point is I really hope they've fixed it on the M235i.
Appreciate 0