12-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #109
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
Scott26, few questions.

I am excited to hear about this M235i racing. After a while it seems like BMW did something for its enthusiast fans. So great news.

So here are my questions since you are our insider link to the brand.

1. Is M235i racing and M2 going to be same or different cars. If different how will they be differentiated, what will be the price difference, performance difference.

The M235i Racing starts the journey to the M2 in many ways , it pushes creativity in certain ways to introduce individuality that is not just captivating but memorable and retrieves a tradition that fell foul to progress but now in order to become a reality we have to return to that tradition.
But the benefits are not just singular they will be felt across the areas that matter more so than the highly memorable 1er M Coupe.

2. Is this M235i racing street legal and will it be available in NA more specifically USA straight through the dealer network.

M235i is not street legal.

3. Last but not least is it using the current EPS steering setup or is it a M hydraulic steering rack.

I am not sure at a guess EPS. The ZF developed EPS is excellent.

4. Is there a roll cage and if so does it render the back seats useless.

As it is for MotorSport purpose there is a roll cage but no back seats.

Thanks for any input.

QUOTE=SCOTT26;15083316]Another look at the new M2, sorry 2er Motorsport.
[/QUOTE]