View Single Post
      05-11-2018, 01:44 PM   #15
cxp213
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Tire pressures are one thing but there are lots of other things you should take note of at the track as well you should start making a habit out of. Start with marking your tires with a chalk at the corner where your tread and sidewall meets to see how much rollover you're getting. You should also ideally use a pyrometer to see what temps your tires are at inside, center, and outside tread. This will give you information on not only tires but also your alignment and driving.

Anyway, you shouldn't be in the upper 30s with the current gen tires, and I'd limit it to no more than 35psi hot. Depending on the conditions and the type of racing, I will have anywhere from 31-35, but usually hover around 32-33 with the rears having a hair less pressure.

Start at upper 20s so you can warm up the tires a bit faster and take out less at the end of the session. After 3 sessions, your pressure should start to level out so until then you'll need to be checking pressure each time you're off the track (and before, just in case). At the end of the track day, you should refill your tires (should now be mid-20s cold) to the appropriate pressure before driving on the streets.
Appreciate 0