View Single Post
      08-03-2016, 11:42 PM   #56
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

Disappointing to hear that the GT4 has understeer that is tough to dial out and isn't really a momentum car (to differentiate vs the point and shoot 911 GT3), though seems like the GT4s are faster in turns than in straights, but again I haven't driven one and I'm assuming equivalent skill level in the GT4 drivers. I'm seriously considering it as a 2nd car and really like the honest feedback on this post and the cars seem awesome, but Porsche seems to reserve most aggressive and best feeling steering for 911 GT3, which I have driven on the track and seems pretty much perfect IMO, which is not something I expected with the rear engine heavy layout. Not so much interested in rough equivalency/couple seconds faster than an M3 (TC Kline's M3 just with coilovers, pads and tires is doing 1:40 at Laguna Seca), but really want to make a leap to the next level car experience wise in both speed and dynamic feel.

Also driving without an MDM type mode gives me significant pause, just don't think its worth it for non-competitive motorsports, but that's a whole other rabbit hole.
Appreciate 0